Mail order vs local BMW dealer parts center

I wanted to make a quick observation regarding the prices offered by
Bavarian Autosport and my local BMW dealer.  Here lately I have been getting
better prices on parts from my dealer than Bavauto, of course this is for
BMW parts only.  They give me a standard 15% off for being a BMW CCA member.
For instance,  I just bought four Radial styling wheels for $1674 with tax
and Perelli Supersport 225/45/17 tires (Tire Rack) for $591 with two day
shipping.  The total was $2265.

The comparable setup from Bavauto is $2390 plus shipping, which is about
40-60 bucks.  Total $2420.

This observation is not to dump on bavauto's pricing but rather point out
that if want geniune BMW parts sometimes a dealer can be very competitive.
And be sure to ask for a discount.  I have seen some dealers advertise
20-25% discount on genuine BMW parts in the Roundel.

Regards,
Randy
BMWCCA Houston
95' 325ic