RE: Illuminated Shift Knob

topic.

I had the lighted ///M shift knob installed in my vehicle, and the knob
should come with a connector, or might have to be ordered seperate.

The two wire connector plugged into the back of the OBC.
This might be on newer E36 models, but it woul be nice to assume that all
E36's might be the same.

The wiring connector is maybe 2.5 ft long that runs straight from the knob
to the OBC, it is then controlled through the dimmer switch like the
remaining illuminated switches & buttons.

Just a thought:  Splicing into the illumination on the window switches might
cause the windows to stop during operation because it sees a different
voltage/current to the motor?  I am not absolutely sure about this but might
prevent some headaches later on.

~ Brian
97 "Dinan 3" 328iC
BMWCCA 151378