<misc>RE: Lighted Shift Knob Install

Sean wrote:

I am thinking of adding an illuminated shift knob to my '93E36 325iSE
(Euro) and was wondering if the wiring and / or connectoris already in
place in the original loom? If it is, where is it, if not,are they
easy to
wire up?

==============================

The illuminated shift knob will come with a wiring harness adapter.
Its basically a plug with two ends that plugs into your dash mounted
dimmer switch.  You unplug the factory plug from the switch, plug in
the shift knob adaptor into the switch, then plug in the factory plug
into the back of the new shift knob plug.  Will involve some
disassembly of the dash/center console.  Or, you can cut the plug off
of the end of the shift knob, and splice into your window switch
wires.  Two wires, two splices.

Ron Browne
1992 318is (w/lighted shift knob)
Bowie, MD