Re: bmw-digest V9 #771

>From: duckdogs@domain.elided
>Subject: <E30> cambelt change
>
>Folks,
>
>      I just want to ask before I do it.     From the Bentley---
Chapter 4,
>page 14, verse 7,  "rotate crankshaft clockwise until engine is at TDC"
>
>      That is,  CLOCKWISE viewed from the front of the car,  right?
>
>Greg Kauffman

Repair manuals, including my own, upcoming, E30 manual, are strange
creatures.
In almost all cases, directions of movement are given  as though you are
sitting in the passenger seat.
The one exception that I can think of is when discussing rotation of
engine, when that is indicated as though you are standing in front of
the vehicle.