Re: Year 2K problems for OLDER BMW's?

>I was at the press preview of the M5 in L.A. this week and during the
Q&A
>sessions, someone asked if BMW computers will be having problems with
the
>upcoming year 2000.   Vic Doolan insisted no problems, but has anyone
out
>there heard otherwise from BMW technical people?  I would suppose the
latest
>models, E38, E39, E46 should be ok, but what about the older cars?

>D Treiman

Thanks for the concern of us older car owners.  I think that our
un-sophisicated mechines could care less about the year (fortunately).
The OBC only gives month/day information and I *don't want* my engine to
know how old it is!   Of course if you really want to final word contact
the DME guru - Jim Conforti.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked
86' 325 - Wife's 4 door kid-mobile