<E30>RE:Control Arm or just Ball Joint?

IT was written:

While replacing the brake pads on my 89 325i, I noticedthat one of the
ball
joints on the control arm was shot.  A couple of questions:
1.  I saw the ball joints separately offered in a partscatalog.  Is it
better
to just replace the whole control arm, or can the balljoints be easily
pressed in?  I would replace both the ball joints since Iwill have the
arm
off anyway.2.  Should I replace the ones on the other side too?Thanks
in advance
Gregg

On E30's, it's recommended to simply replace the entire control arm,
and yes, they should be done in pairs.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD