Re: Year 2K problems for BMWs?

I tried to stop myself, but i just had to reply to this one.  Which do i
know more about, computers or BMW's? Computers all the way.  Y2k problems
occur in older computer systems in either software or hardware or both, but
that's kinda off the point.  At first i thought you were referring to BMW's
computer system (as in corporate offices) but then you put <<"I would
suppose the latest models, E38, E39, E46 should be ok, but what about the
older cars?">>.  As far as i know, BMW cars are not date driven (sorry the
clock on the dash is not part of it).  So as for Y2k problem, why would
there be any?  It is just a chip telling your car what to do, that's all!

Flame suit fully engaged, looking for an additional flame suit just incase.
- -jake