insurance

Mike, thanks for your comments.  The only response I have is that my
information that you consider inaccurate is what was told to me by a
representative of my insurance company-Nationwide-when I discussed my
options with her.  Whether this is the way it is "supposed" to work, or not,
my experience in the past couple of years with insurance makes me conclude
that if MY insurance company incurrs ANY expense on my behalf for which they
are not compensated, irrespective of who is at fault(or no fault, in the
case of a comprehensive claim)it results in a black mark on my insurance
"record".  Enough black marks, and "poof": no policy renewal.  The Hartford
Insurance, several years ago, dropped my collision coverage and raised my
rates after a citation for an accident that involved $2500 damage to my
vehicle.  After I contested the citation in court(against the insurance
adjuster's advice), representing myself, the charges were thrown out.  This
did NOT impress The Hartford.  They would not re-instate my collision, and I
changed companies.  Sometimes things don't work the way they are supposed
to, and a lot of us don't have the time or financial resources to fight what
has the possibility of being a winning battle.  Sad, but reality.

Mark Selleck