Re: Lighting Problems BA

>Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:59:31 EST
>From: VeeDubJeff@domain.elided
>Subject: Lighting Problems
>
>The turn signals are "supposed" to stay lit up when the head lights are
on.
>But the drivers side one does not do this.  It does flash fine if I put
on the
>turn signal, but it doesn't stay lit up like the other when the
headlights are
>on.
>So obviously, the bulb is ok since it will come on when I am using that
>blinker,

Obviously ?  Why on earth do you say that ? The light Obviously does not
work.  Have you noticed how the other one looks when the head lights are
on and the turn signal too ? Doesn't it appear to get brighter as the
turn signal flashes ?

>I'm guessing

Yes, you are, aren't you.

Try replacing the bulb with one that has TWO operational elements in it.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta