E30 Lighting problems

>From: VeeDubJeff@domain.elided
>Ok here's the low down on my lighting problems.  I have a 86 325es.  It has
>the 4 headlights (duh), the 2 rectangular turn signals on the bumper, and
then
>2 fog lights mounted in the front spoiler.
>The turn signals are "supposed" to stay lit up when the head lights are on.
>But the drivers side one does not do this.  It does flash fine if I put on
the
>turn signal, but it doesn't stay lit up like the other when the headlights
are
>on.
>So obviously, the bulb is ok since it will come on when I am using that
>blinker, I'm guessing the fuse is ok because the rest of the lights on that
>side of the car work fine.  I have no idea what it is.  It just won't come on
>with the headlights and the car looks pretty goofy with just one of those
>lights coming on.
>
>Thanks for any help!
>Jeff Patch

Wow, something I could potentially answer! I could actually get to contribute!

Jeff, the light bulb you are referring to is actually a dual filament light
bulb. I suggest you switch the bulbs from side to side of your car. If the
problem switches sides also, you have your answer.

Thank you for asking a question I can answer. I really appreciate it. I
will now return to my normal vegetative state.

Regards,

Jonathan Porath
90 E30 M3