Re: <all> alignment

David said:

>Is there a way to set the rear camber without camber plates?  I looked
>through the bentley and it looks like all you were able to set were the
>front toe, front camber with some different shock tower mounts, and rear toe
>with some different control arm bushings.  I didn't see a way to set rear
>camber.
>
>And what's the magic procedure with string and wood.  I know how to fix my
>throttle with the above ingredients, but not set alignment.
>
>Thanks as usual.
>
>- --David Boyd

David,

Duane mentioned that he was not sure for the e30 cars somewhere in that
email and I think you're right on.  For the e30 cars, I am pretty sure that
the rear camber is not adjustable along with most of the rear suspension.
This is what I was told by the shop that did my alignment on my 'eta'.  The
front should be adjustable within a certain range.  My car had some front
end damage and the adjustment needed was out of that range, so nothing was
done.  Hope this helps.

Louie Rendek
1987 325e 133k miles
BMWCCA #144328