Re: BavAuto, to bash or not to bash, i'll take not!

Sure BavAuto can be a company to bash on, but look at the other side,
they're one of the easiest companies to deal with!  I've ordered from them
a few times, all in car emergencies.  I blew out my airflow meter, and my
mechanic (non bmw) said he could order the part for $400 bucks refurbished
from botch, but the time to arrive is unknown.  No the mechanic was not
trying to rip me off, he showed me the catalog from botch.  Pulled out my
trusty BavAuto catalog, and low and behold, $264.95, and for an additional
$20 i had it the next day.  I finally got around to ordering the bentley
manual for my car (how did i ever live w/out) and checked their prices
against big chains like amazon, and etc, and they were far less.  Called
them up, and all i had to give was my name and what i wanted, everything
was still on record, took less than 3 minutes.  Now that is a company.
Plus with high tax these days, i often order out of state, because shipping
is much less than tax (especially at $300-$400).  Also, i gladly gave them
my phone number to verify my Credit Card info.  I've had the number stolen
once, and boy was that a pain.  (Although i couldn't stop laughing, it's a
check card, and i only put money in the acct when i'm going to use it (gee
i wonder why) so when they tried to charge above the $300 day limit, and a
bunch of small stuff it just got rejected!  I'll give them what they want,
as long as it protects the customer from fraud.

Oh, and BTW, never gotten any junk calls from them!  I don't get any,
period (except AT&T, who i always have a lot of fun with confusing them)

There's my $0.02
- -Jake Abramson

I am in no was affiliated with BavAuto, i just think they're a great company!
Flame Suit Engaged

      __/ / / / / /_/ / __   1984 318i
     /_  / / / / __  / / /  167,000 mi
   ___/ / / / / /_/ / / /  and still