Re: e-28 wet spot

Walt,

Judging by the symptoms, wet spot on the passenger side (hmmm).  I think
you car is suffering from passenger-with-weak-blatter-itus.  This typically
happens when traveling  beyond speeds where your passenger looses his/her
ability to speak.  The only alternative to complete system failure is to
soil oneself.  This is a two-fold relief: 1) it reduces internal system
pressure by releasing a measured volume (sometimes not so measured) and 2)
the warming effect helps keep blood circulation in the lower extremities so
walking is possible when stopping for a quick bite to eat.

For all of you about to get married, put your significant other in the
passenger seat and perform the leak test.  If your SO fails the leak test,
I believe driving shorts are available at most of the speed shops.  These
driving shorts work on the same principle as the g-suit worn by our
military pilots.  BMW also makes a rather nice pair of plastic-lined
leather literhosin (sp?) with matching hat and feather.

Ya, I'm at work, couldn't resist.   Happy New Year to all.

John Fagerlund
'95 540iA, BMWeee
'90 Vocal spouse during spirited driving