Winter storage/flat spots - reply

Dave Nelson asked:

<< I'm a new member to the digest. I live in Michigan and with winter underway
 am not driving my 91' M5 much at all these days.  I've got it parked and
 covered in the garage and start it up weekly.  I was wondering about getting
 flat spots on the tires? >>

Dave: Just inflate the tires to about 50 PSI. I've done this for 4 winters
with my M3 and have never had a flat spot. If you don't have a compressor,
spend $20 on one of those small tanks and fill it at the gas station. It
should be good for 4 or 5 fills of the tires.

Do not store the car with the wheels off the ground. By letting the suspension
droop you cause bushings and joints to compress in an unnatural way, and often
end up with misshaped bushings as a result.

Scott Adare
Spokane, WA
'95 M3