RE: Broken mirror

Chester-

You wrote:
Hello fellow digesters.  Just while I was reading the latest message,
a call came in from security notifying me that someone hit my car in
the parking lot while at work.  Sure enough, it was a sport utility
vehicle.  Ugh.  Well, his door knocked my '99 M3 mirror right
off...and now there are scratches on the door and mirror and more
importantly, the mirror doesn't go up and down.  To think that I just
picked up the car a week and a half ago!!!!

Well, I will contact my dealer and see what should be done.  The
scratch seems deep enough...I don't think rubbing compound will take
it off.  My main reason for posting this message was that I wanted
opinions about what I should do with my mirror.  Should I go for a
replacement?  Or should I try to have it fixed?

I need reponses relatively quickly since I want to get this issue
resolved by this afternoon.
I recently had my mirror knocked off; it just popped back in, but then
failed to adjust.  Turned out the fuse was blown - it's a 10amp, easily
locatable using the map included in the fuse box, which also has spares.
Hopefully this will be the case for you as well.

Simon Kennedy
'95 M3