Insurance companiesWrote:

Having just had quite an "experience" getting my mom's car repaired after
some bonehead slammed a pickup truck tailgate into the door as he was
pulling out of a parking spot, I want to tell you one thing:

Use only reputable, well-known, insurance companies!
<<<

Don I feel for ya.  But I have never had this happen to me.  Ever.  Why?  I
don't deal with the other guys insurance.  When I've whacked or been whacked, I
deal with my insurance company.  Twice in 3 years I've had my car hit or door
dinged.  Both times I collected the other guys insurance info and required
police reports and went to my agent.  Allstate in this case.  I submitted a
claim with them and had the car fixed.  Allstate paid the bill.  I don't know or
care if they got their money back from the other guy.  Its not my problem.  Let
the dark underbelly of America deal with their own.  they know how, they have
lawyers and they can't be scammed.

You pay for coverage.  Use it.  They understand.

Jim