M50 intake manifold flow numbers

I had the opportunity to check the M50 intake manifold on the flowbench
today. The manifold was completely bare (no sensors, no throttle body, no
injectors). I plugged the hole for the injector for each runner that I
checked. The readings were taken at 28" of water and used the 400cfm scale:

cylinder 2.....288cfm
cylinder 4.....300cfm
cylinder 6.....306cfm

Boys and girls, these are great numbers, probably more than any normally
aspirated engine would require. The German engineers did an good job on this
intake. I can now see why its been said that the Shrick intake is a waste on
an M50 engine.

Nick
'95 M3