BMW DIES ON ME???

In a message dated 12/27/98 10:44:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< ate: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 15:46:11 EST
 From: Compucepts@domain.elided
 Subject: E36 Car shutoff while driving!!!

 I am posting this to the general list, because I am terrified something is
 seriously wrong with my car. I was driving today, and about a mile after I
 started up the car I was driving down the street and I noticed that when I
 gave the car gas it didn't accelerate at all. Then I noticed that the tach
was
 showing 0 rpm. I then realized as I went to turn off the road into the
nearest
 parking lot that the power steering was gone and I had to force the car
around
 the corner. I sat there in a panic for a few seconds, restarted the car and
it
 drove fine.

 What could have possibly caused this??? Thanks in advance for any input.

 David Koretz
 '93 325i sharked
 BMWCCA #161655

 ------------------------------ >>

This in response to David;s Post regarding the mysterious conking out of
his 325 while driving...

David..I experinced the same thing inmy 1996 M3...and 1 day later..
the CHECK ENGINE light came on..

PLEASE take it back to the dealer...the Crank Sensor has GONE south
on you...if you delay the repair,the engine will malfunction..i.e.
you will step on the gas and it will not go..so do it now..

Jeff

End of bmw-digest V9 #752