<misc>Re: Removing tinting film from windows

Liz suggests
>Try acetone.  I've never used it in my car but it works removing
>stuck on labels from glass in the lab and it's available in your >local
>hardware store or in some fingernail polish removers.  The
>advantage of getting it as polish remover is that sometimes you
>can get it in a little jar with a brush on the cap which makes >>it
>easier not to use too much.
>
>Enjoy!!
>
>Liz
>84 318i

Acetone is a good cleaner.  When I worked for a VCR Repair shop, it's what
we used to clean the heads and belts.  But be careful when using it around
plastic.  I accidentally spilled some on the front cover of a VCR while in
the shop and it chewed it up pretty bad.  Also don't use a styrofoam cup to
put the acetone in.

- --David, boydd@domain.elided
'84 325e 200k.
BMW ACA