Re: Other Anal Retentive E30 Owners

I'm still on use it or lose it vacation, so today I decided to clean up under
the hood.

After doing this I noticed that there was new oil on the rubber hoses that
come off the bottom of the amber power steering reservoir. Well Sir, being the
clean nut that I am, I took out all that induction junk so I could get a good
look at why my steering system had decided to soil my nice clean engine
compartment.

The little reservoir can be unclamped and leaned over horizontal with no
leakage to access the hoses so no worries about shitting ATF all over...just
be sure the cap is good and tight...

Anyway, the factory uses these little wimpy clips to bind the hoses to the
reservoir nipples, which I removed and replaced with BMW hose clamps
PN-07-12-9-952-109 ($2.80 each).

Lo and behold! No more slow ATF leaks from the steering!

Tomorrow we start working on the boat...

Steve H
89 325iS
97 Dachshund Shorthair with Full Sport Suspension...
81 30' MORC sailboat taking up alot of room in the shop...