E30 Suspension mods/repairs

Hello gang,

     I am planning some general repairs and upgrades to the suspension of  =
 =
my '91 318is (E30).  It has 120K miles and the stock suspension is   =
showing its age.  I do a couple of driver's schools a year and am planing   =
=
to keep this chassis for a while (I will replace the engine when its time   =
=
comes, but it is still strong.)
     My overall goals are:
1)Replace the worn components that lead to clunking over bumps.
2)Improve the handling over stock
3)Tighten up the steering
4)Improve the turn-in response
5)Maintain the reliability of the suspension

     I plan on replacing the following components:
 -Shocks (Install Bilstein Sports)
 -Springs (H&R, RD, or Eibach)
 -Shock Mounts/bearings (front and rear)
 -Control arms (for the new ball joints)
 -Tie Rods (Maybe)
 -Control arm bushings

     My question is about the control arms and control arm bushings.  I   =
have seen the forged aluminum control arms available for about $180 each.   =
=
 Are these worth the extra money or would I be better off spending the   =
money elsewhere?  I have also seen the solid urethane control arm   =
bushings from various sources.  Do they offer a significant benefit?   =
 What are the disadvantages?  Are the improvements worth all of the   =
disadvantages?

     Since I already have a serious case of the "might as wells,"  is   =
there anything else I "might as well" replace while I am doing all of   =
this work?

Thanks,
Robert
'91 E30 318is