Upside-down cup washer (rear shocks E36)

paul <pault77@domain.elided> wrote:

> when i had my shocks installed, i noticed that one of them was installed
> upsidedown, don't get my paranoid, but what problems could that cause??
so
> far, the car has been running well, and it also seemed that both sides
are
> the same height, should i leave it as it, or swap the cup washer over to
> rightside up??

My mechanic commented that this would be no big deal, really, except that
mine found something to rub on. BTW, the proof positive was the nick in
the edge of the washer where it had been hitting.

Myself, I wouldn't buy that "no big deal" and certainly would want it
reversed even if it's not causing trouble.

Jon Tara
95 325is