Adding EWS (was: fuel pump cutoff)

Bill M writes:

> I'd like to know if anyone has any experience installing a fuel pump shutoff
> switch.  The drive behind my request is one of security, since my car has
> already been "borrowed" by the NY area liberation forces for a high speed
> test drive.
>
> This is a 95 M3, pre-EWS, production 9-94.

I don't know if you already know about it or whether you can get it in
the U.S., but BMW sells an EWS kit for older cars. It adds an electronic key
and components that kill the ignition, fuel pump and starter.  It is part
number 82 91 9 404 260 and sells for 261 DM in Germany (about $150).  Given
how effective they have been, I wouldn't own a car without such a system.

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided