Re: Oil Change Frequencies

Hi Steve,

When you change oil, you probably warm up the engine first, so the oil will
be thin and run out easily. This will leave a little layer of oil
everywhere. When after you change the oil, you restart your engine, I think
there would still be enough oil coating to keep the engine safe until the
new oil is circulating.

Hey, I know nothing at all, so everyone laugh, but this just seemed to make
sense. I don't think you should worry about it. Changing oil every 3000
miles seems wasteful to me, but I don't think oil changes hurt your car.

Michiel (87 325es http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/ )