Re: E28 slow window movement

> I just changed the window channel seals on my 535is (wow- what a
> difference in noise level!) however now the driver's side window goes up
> and down very slowly.  I did lube the mechanism and adjusted where the
> nylon guide (at the front of the bar which the window bolts) fits into
> the window channel. The passenger window works better than ever but  the
> driver's side window now goes up and down very slowly.  Any ideas on
> what further adjustments might be necessary?
>
> Thanks...
> Justin
> seiferth@domain.elided

Hi Justin,

I think 80% of the friction is in the window side seals. No lubrication
will help (at least for long) so try readjusting the metal siderods. If
you cannot move them more out, take them of and try bending them a
little. This may work.

With out the seals the windows are really fast (you can check this) so I
gues  you just have to try and get some more space between window
glass and side seal.

Good luck and happy new year!

- - Tom Kalves
'82 520i