thanks to all...

Well, my dad picked up his new car yesterday.  He ended up with a '99
Olds Intrigue GL with the new 3.5L DOHC engine.  He really liked the
323i, but it didn't have enough power for him, and the price
difference was around $10,000.  So, thanks to all who responded to my
initial cry for help.  Maybe we'll bring him into the fold next
time... :-)

The Intrigue is really a nice car.  Very composed, with neutral
handling and pretty darn good road feel.  If only it came in RWD with
a stick...  I'm very impressed with the job GM did with this car.
(Flame suit on...)

It's still no BMW...

   KC Boyce
   '85 325e