Thanks to all...

As the guilty party for starting the RADIOS STINK thread,  I'd like
to thank all the private and public respondees.

There was lots of good advice, and lots of heartfelt sympathy for
what is probably a lost cause. To those who questioned why anyone
should bother... well, you have a good point.  After all, it's
impossible to justify a desire for quality-- whether for good
clothes, good food, a fine garden, a fine car, or a good sound
system.  It always seems silly to someone for whom that thing
is unimportant.

Relative to my original post, I have two questions for the digest:

Does anyone know an aftermarket supplier for the Alpine CD
changer and cable for the new 5-series?
And, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the amplifier system
so that I can begin to plan for a subwoofer?

As usual,  your help is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Foster (540i)