Pretty Brakes

>Now, what about rotor centers? Is my car unique in having rusted rotor
>centers, as well? I can see them through my factory 20-spoke wheels, so I
>am SURE that I'll see them with the 3-piece wheels I'm considering.
>
>Jon Tara

Jon,

If RRS bothers you (dat's Rusted Rotor Syndrome) then here the trick
hot-rodder fix.  Buy new rotors (req'd), then send them out for
jet-coating.  You can pick from several colors to really trick them out.
When they come back, have the pad contact area on the rotors lightly
resurfaced on a brake lathe - just enough to cut away the jet coating. This
stuff will stay on no matter what and is good for the life of the rotors.

Personally, I don't bother with it as I eat rotors too often (some just
flat wear out, some warp!).

Duane Collie