seeking info on a 524td

I am trying to find out some info. I have seen a 1985 524td for sale for
over 3 months. It has been wrecked, and appears to need a new
passenger-side fender, new hood, new bumper, and new grille. Aside from
the visible body damage, it appears to be fairly pristine. Clock shows
166000+ miles, has full black leather interior, all power toys, a/c, no
stereo. What lurks under the hood on one of these beasties? What might
this one be worth, provided that the damage above is the only serious
damage? What might I look for as trouble items on this car?

TIA,
Jerry Roberson
BMW CCA 157891
1975 2002