Apology to Florida Suncoast Chapter (long)

This past weekend I posted to the digest a complaint about the BMW CCA
Florida Suncoast Chapter's lack of drivers schools compared to the local PCA
chapter.  I have heard that several members of my chapter were upset or not
happy with my complaint.  To those members, and any other members I
offended, I apologize to them and the chapter.  I was just expressing my
opinion, which I, as well as others, also stated on the recent membership
survey passed out at the annual Christmas party.  I should have discussed
this matter privately with chapter officers before posting to the digest,
for that I am sorry.

I received 3 private replies, 1 offered good suggestions but had erroneous
assumptions which made it more critical than positive, another reply agreed
with my complaint, and the third was neither positive nor negative, just
offered suggestions for what I can do to change it.

After the third reply, I sent a private e-mail to BMW CCA Southeast Region
VP, and Florida Suncoast member Carlos Diaz-Estrada.  The following is part
of what I sent Carlos:

Regarding my recent rant... "Nothing personal against any of the chapter
officers, I appreciate all the hard work they do, and the Christmas party
was another great success.  I just wish our chapter would have at least one,
1-day school at Sebring per year.  I understand the past several years there
have been problems with construction at the track, but the fact remains that
PCA Suncoast Region has had 4 per year.  I do take advantage of the PCA
schools, but I would like to "play" with more bimmers."

"To that end, I am volunteering to help Keith (Robertson, chapter driving
events coordinator) out in the planning and running of a drivers ed at
Sebring.  Please pass this on to Keith."

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please e-mail me privately
jsabatini@domain.elided

Thank you for your time, Happy Holidays to all!

John Sabatini
Florida Suncoast Chapter
'90 325iS
'90 325iC