No FM reception, '87 325is

I need some help from the collective wisdom of this Digest.

The Stock BMW radio/cassette deck in my '87 325is recently stopped
receiving ANY stations in the FM band. I am able to receive AM just fine
but I'm tired of listening to talk radio and Rush Limburger. Any ideas
if this is a terminal problem or can it be easily cured??

Please reply privately in order to cut back on the already too-long "BMW
radios SUCK" thread. Thanks. Bret in Raleigh, NC/ BMWCCA 52894.