Re: What is an E30 "LTW"?

Had a couple of digesters wonder why I came up with the
E30 "LTW" designation.

'87 E30 325is
'92 2.5L M50 built to 2.9L
'88 E30 M3 brakes, etc.
Cam & head work, lightweight valvetrain pieces, etc.
Dynoed 200.5hp to rear wheels (245/45/16 R1s) hence 242hp claim (1.21)

original weight was stock at 2,850 (long, long time ago)
Add 70lbs for 2inch rollbar, 30lbs for 16 inch rims (vs the 14 inch stock)
Weight reduction to current scale of 2,615lbs achieved by (The 15lb
difference
in my orig note of 2,600 and 2,615 is speakers, radio, amp, cableing, etc
that
I pull out for events):

Fiberglass racing seat (13lbs)
no a/c
no insulation/90% carpet removed
no parking brake
no passenger seat
no rear seat
no cruise
no fogs, misc wiring
no door glass/mechanisms-(replace with plastic inserts for public road
travel)
misc. lightening of overall car (have to show you-involves non structual
weight removal)

Another 27lbs is coming off with fiberglass hood in January.  Goal is
2,500lbs, but
that means $1k more of fiberglass bumpers, rear window of lexan, no
sunroof, etc.
That 100lbs to remove to get to 2,500lbs  is probably too expensive to go
after so I'm
probably staying put.

LTW flag decal (nice design for an E30 by James Clay) goes on in Feb. for
Roebling.

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 E30 "LTW"