Re: <misc> Brake Bleeding Tool

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, r browne wrote:

In reference to Steve D'G's ultimate brake bleeder:

> 5)Loosen bleeder nipple at wheel, and let old fluid flow out, while
> new fluid automatically flows in from the tank.
>
> Beatiful.

 I too have that unit, and love it.  I did notice though, that I was
getting a lot of bubbles out of my system, even though the brakes
didn't feel squishy before.  My eventual conclusion was that the
column of fluid in the bleeder hose going down to the waste jug was
generating just enough vacuum to pull a very small stream of bubbles
in through he bleeder nipple threads.  If I played with the nipples a
bit, I could get it to stop.  Oh, stop it you preverts.
 Is there any recommended nipple thread lubricant that would stop air
from sneaking in like that?  Or is it best to leave 'em dry?

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and