Re:drop tops allowed into PCA events?

In a message dated 12/19/98 12:11:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:
>  >Well, have you ever asked why they let those drop tops into PCA events?
>
>  Hold the phone Chuck.... Drop tops are only allowed at PCA events here in
>  Florida if they have approved roll bars.
snip
>  This is just based on what I have seen at the numerous PCA schools I hve
>  been to at Sebring and Moroso, I am not an authority on this matter.  Any
>  PCA members lurking with more information?
>  John Sabatini
>  BMW CCA Florida Suncoast Chapter

I was kinda surprised myself, to see that earlier reference to a regional PCA
school which allowed convertibles without roll bars.  I do a lot of track
events with other marque clubs, including once a month with the PCA's Rally
Sport Region.  Great folks, & they do a nice autocross as well -- another
chance for my BMW to whup on the p-brand (trophied 2nd in open class this
year).

For track, they have always required all "open-type" cars to have (at minimum)
an approved roll bar.  .....Now if they would only insist on proper flame
arrestors, to stop those pesky 930 turbos from scorching the front of my car
when I catch 'em at the end of the straight ....;^)
 ///  J o h n   A h o
motor city chapter