Check Engine Light! (Out of fuel)

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that IF you do happen to run out of fuel in a
E36 M3, the check engine light will come on and wont go away...  even after
you do get some fuel.  I ran out of fuel a few days ago (actually sputtered
right into the gas station) and the light came on and has been on ever since.
The dealership told me that they have to reset something from the OBDII so
bring it in and leave it for 3 hrs.  My other choice is to leave that annoying
light on.  Guess I have to take it in.

Tino Saloomen
TinoM3@domain.elided
http://members.aol.com/tinom3