Re:<E36>M3 Engine Issues

Ron Browne wrote:
I found the above interesting, and thought E36 M3 guys might too.
Apologies if I simply re-hashed old news.

I was thinking about this recently as well.  But I was thinking of it from
a somewhat different angle.  I was thinking back to 1995, when I remember
reading an article in the Roundel about the auto manufacturers press day at
Pocono Raceway.  This is an event where most of the auto makers bring a
sampling of their product range to Pocono for the day and let journalists
drive them around the track.  That year, I specifically remember reading
that the representatives from Roundel did not get to drive the then new M3
because another journalist had blown the motor on a mis-shift.  They blamed
it on the fact that the journalists had developed a habit of beating the
cars at that particular event, and speculated that BMW might not bring such
expensive cars in the future if the press treated then so badly.
Interesting to go back and read an article like that with what we know (?)
today.

Shane Kleinpeter
BMW CCA #110057
'88 535is