Snow Tire Recommendations

OK, since I've moved to sunny Boston, I'm going to purchase snow tires for
the winter beater.  I've talked to several stores and they all pan
Bridgestone Blizzaks and want to sell Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1's.  Now, the
Hakkas ain't cheap, but all say they're the best winter tire and they're
decent in the dry as well.  Also, if the Fins know anything, they know
winter.  Are the Hakkas worth the $20/tire premium over Blizzaks?  Are there
any other tires I should be considering (Yoko Guardex, Michelin Alpins,
etc)?

Anyone care to give me some advice?

Thanks,
Jim Moran
'88 M6
What if there was a flame war and nobody posted?