secrets from the grave: fan 32mm nut

Gentlemen
  I learned myself a new trick yesterday and that doesn't happen often
enough now days, so I thought I'd pass it along in hopes it can help
someone.
  My arthritic old hands have difficulty starting the 32mm nut when
installing the water pump fans/clutches on various BMWs.  So I took a
couple feet of 1/4" wide plastic binding-strap and taped it to the nut,
then wound it around the nut tightly so when I pulled on the strap, the nut
would turn.
  I alligned the fan, made contact with the nut against the threaded snout
on the water pump and pulling on the strap, the nut rotated, caught a
thread and the job was done in seconds.

 Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY
72' tii touring   K75RT   85' 732i R1100GSA   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/   425-259-3601
 O.E.M. parts, Independant service since 1967
 12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271

End of bmw-digest V9 #717