Performance enhancements for an E24.

    Hey gang.  I am on the verge of purchasing a very clean '88 E24, and
am thinking ahead to giving this car a little more growl.  I've been
following comments on the list about these cars for awhile, and needed a
refresher on a few things.
   1. Are there performance chips available (Jim C?  Dinan?) for these
cars?  Sources?
   2. Are there other quick "bolt-on" items that will give a few more
"hp's"?
   3.  When money allows, should i consider turbocharging or maybe
supercharging?

    Thanks in advance for all responses/comments.
    Cheers.
    Brian Wollard
    wollard@domain.elided