Protective film tips

I will be venturing out of the safe and dry confines of Southern California
into the wet and icy regions in the north for the holidays (Park City,
Utah).

We will be taking my wife's 1998 528 and I am very concerned about flying
rocks and sand that they put on the icy roads. I purchased some of the
headlight and paint protective film from Griot's Garage. I will be
installing it this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips or
comments about installing it.

I also want to remove it from the car after this trip and want to be sure it
comes off easily. They make it sound like the adhesive is very "aggressive"
so it may not come off easily.

Any experience with this stuff? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Dick DeVillers
1998 528ia
1998 540i 6-speed (no way will I drive this in the icky weather)
1998 Harley Davidson Fat Boy (impresses people much more than the BMWs!)