<E36> armrest and airbag sensor questions?

Since somebody on here mentioned armrests... I have a '92 325iA without a
factory center armrest. Since my car is an automatic I don't have to worry
about bumping into the thing when I shift gears. I'd like to get one, but
I'm wondering if I'd be better off to get one from a salvage car? (my car
has a beige leather interior) Perhaps somebody on here has one (and related
hardware) they would like to get rid of? The other question I have is with
regards to my airbag sensors... both orange senors under the hood (on each
fender) are leaking ooze that I presume to be insulation. I've had two BMW
dealers look at it and neither have seen it before. The SRS system seems to
be functioning normally (light performs check when you start the car, goes
off and everything seems normal). Any ideas on that one?

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA