Beer as a Measure of Work <wob>

David, you keep promising...

>Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:26:58 -0800
>From: "Boyd, David (Neighbour Boy)" <boydd@domain.elided>
>Subject: Beer as a Measure of Work <wob>
>
>David Boyd
>
>They're coming to take me away, ha ha, hee hee, ho ho.

...but you're still here?  When are they gonna get here and actually take
you away?   :^)

Obviously, all you gotta do is find the calories in your favorite drink and
go throuth Ron Katona's calcs to get your own personal factor for
measuring work.

The one aspect that is ignored by Duane, et al, of course, is that after
some number of beers (varies by body weight, metabolism, personal
tolerance, etc.),  your work efficiency goes down.  If you keep drinking,
the amount of work properly completed approaches 0, probably
asymptotically (sp?).  So on a long project (engine rebuild?) it can turn
into an <infinite> beer project!  Man, sign me up.  <bbbeeelllchhh>

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA #44977