Re: of runaways,radiators and beer.

The topic kinda sounds like a country/western song.
On runaways. I had 2 Audis in the past(71 and 78, both manual, of course).
Kinda took advantage of the bad press-paid next to nothing for them.
But, I think the Germans had standard specs on the distance between pedals on their cars( I think
they have standards for nearly everything..once on a trip outside of Munich, our Mercedes blew
mass quantities of smoke. Turned out the oil cap was missing. A mobile mechanic came by, and
quickly corrected the problem with a VW gascap..now that's standardization)
Anyway, I think the brake pedal on a slushmobile is wider than one on a manual car.
The pedals on my 71 were spaced like the 67 Beetle that my girlfriend had. No Problem.
The 78 had the same spacing, but a parcel shelf obscured your feet from view. It seems sad
that people with only two pedals can still get it wrong.
Radiators. My cost was 239 bucks from Eurasian(535is). The Rad place in OK seemed to think
that the iS model had a special radiator and that he didn't stock them(is it the leather seats or
the spoilers that would require a 'special radiator'?) Looks like ///M owners gotta cough up a
bit more for their radiator, but its gotta be worth it(I feel shortchanged by about a hundred horses)
On Beer: All this spilling of precious Barley Pop has me unnerved! I picture that guy who played
Norm Petersen on "Cheers" sponsoring commercials for the 'Save the Beer' Foundation.
And you really can't say Yeungling without mentioning their Celebrated Porter. My college days
just wouldn't have been the same without it(@ 4.50 /case). My college ex-roomate showed me
a six-pack of the brew in Seattle a few years ago(7.50/6pack) Moral : Drink local. Best stout in CO
is Avery's Out of Bounds.
Bob Krejci 2002, 535iS, r75/5 and a 280sl