Re: uncontrolled acceleration

I have a 525i 93 that had the same problem. It ended up being the clips and
later on acknowledged as a recall. At first BMW denied when asked. It happened
several hours later after a personal threat was made against me and the offer
to garage my car or were a vest was made. I entered the shoreway and the car
jump to 120 with my feet on the brakes. It took me a moment to think about
turning off ignition. It was a big deal the police thought there was a bomb.
Because of the ticking. (flashers). I just sat in the club (managed to stop in
front of a club) and had a drink when they figured (bomb squad) it out it
wasn't a bomb. Their report "tampering" because BMW said it couldn't happen.
Several years later a service person looked up my VIN and told me it was a
recall. So whoever is having the problem call your VIN in to a dealer maybe
its a recall

Puts the romance back into driving !

Bill Forester
jstdoitnw@domain.elided