1979 635Csi Starting Problem

Hello...
    Im getting kind of desperate here, so Im hoping someone on the list can
help me...
    A few days ago, my 635Csi failed to start.  All that happened when I
turned the key was an audible click from the solenoid.  It didnt seem to have
any trouble starting before,  so I ordered a new starter and installed it
today. Now, it does the same thing! So, Im assuming my old started/solenoid
were fine, (Im not too upset, new parts cant hurt:]) But, Im right back where
I started.
   Could it be a wiring problem? Where should I look?  All my lights and
everything else electrical in the car work fine, and when I turn the key still
all that happens is the solenoid click.
   Could someone email me with some advice on this problem? Id really
appreciate it!
- -Chris