Steve take a swipe at Snap-On!

>From: "Steve D'Gerolamo" <steved3@domain.elided>
>Subject: Rotary Versa Lift
>
>The advantage of this type of lift over other mid-rise designs is (1) its
>portable... it won't wear a groove in your concrete floor like
competitor's scissors style lifts, eg, Snap-on's EELR Series lifts.

Yo Steve!

Wear a groove in the concrete!?!?!?  <chuckling>...Now you know I have that
very Snap-On Lift (EELR Series) in my garage and I'm willing to bet that
the whole house will fall down around it WAYYYYYyyyyyyy before I groove the
garage floor!  How many times you gonna cycle this thang up and down
anyways in the EXACT same spot anyways? <laughing now>.

O.K., O.K., You know I almost bought the Rotary lift from you, it's a sweet
device as well - but at this time last year I think Snap-On had a better
price so I went with that. I know a LOT of Bimwads that are still doing
that barbaric floor jacking thang...how primitive.  My floor jack is
peacefully rusting away in the corner and is full of cobwebs as it should
be.  Every car nut needs a lift so you need to put together a group
purchase deal on the Rotaries for those here on the Digest.

!!!IDEA!!!  Bring down a trunk load of Rolling Rock in your 5er one Friday
night.  We'll invite some of the local NCC Bimwads over and sit around and
raise and lower the Snap-On lift whilest drinking brewand sitting on it.
Sort of a torture test. UP-down-UP-down-UP-down....I figure we can get in
2,880 cycles in by Sunday night if we use a 24 hour endurance format. Then,
we can measure the groove in the floor when we're done <wink>.

Duane Collie