DMV/Plates

Hi Gordon,

I had the 02 out of circulation for 8 years (!), and went throught the same
thing getting new plates as you did.  CA DMV said that there is absolutely
no way to keep the old plates once the car is out of the system.   They
actually have new plates right there in the office, and you must take
those.

Rats!

The good news is that I didn't have to deal with smog (mine's a 71, are
73's exempt?) and after all that 318 motor sez "BMW" all over it right?
<grin>

AND

I didn't have a non-op out on the car for all those years so I was
expecting to pay big money for all those years of non-registration, but
because the car was out of the system way before the new law was passed
requiring non-ops to be filed when you take the car out of service, I was
spared the big bite that would have put on my wallet.   The registration
was about 50 bucks...

So sometimes you win one...

DC

Don Cicchetti - BMW CCA member 122043
dcicchet@domain.elided
'71 2002/318ti (waddya mean that motor don't go in there?)

- -Beatnik Motor Werke-