     http://www.gis.nsw.gov.au/staff/rnott/bmw/bmw.html

     Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:08:16 -0600
     From: "Tomas Perez" <tsperez@domain.elided> Subject: 540i
     Spark plugs

     First of all, thanks for all the digesters that offered advise when I
     inquired about buying a '94 540i.  I got the car two weeks ago (with
     dealer 2 year/24,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranty) and love
     it!  This car is a big step up from the 535iA that I also own.

     Now for my question.  What's the best spark plug for this engine?
     Bosch has a new plug that has 4 electrodes on it.  My 535iA has only
     one.  When I purchased a set for the 325isA (mail order) I noticed
     they had two electrodes.  Today I saw the new Bosch plugs advertised
     at AutoZone and they have the plugs for my car at $5.99 each.  Also,
     should I change the transmission fluid?  I heard that it's lifetime
     (car has 49,000 miles).

     Thanks in advance for any advise.

     Tomas S. Perez
     tsperez@domain.elided