E30. No throttle response for 2 seconds on two occasions. Normal thereafter.

On Fri and Sat, my 1988 325 is failed, for about 2 seconds, to respond to =
the throttle.  The engine just stayed at about 2100 RPM in spite of my =
pressing on the accelerator pedal.  After 2 seconds it was fine.  In one =
case I was in a parking lot and in another the car just started slowing =
down.

The car does about 500 miles a week so I would like to fix this before I'm =
stranded between cities.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Deshpande
1988 325 is