Ford and BMW - UGH

Hi,

BMW has been highly sought out lately as an acquisition candidate.  VW
is hot for them as well as Ford and others.  I read somewhere that the
family that owns BMW made some major ownership changes to make them less
vulnerable to a unwanted takeover.  This indicates that they are not
likely to want to sell and from what I understand this one family ones
the majority of the stock.  Given this move it would be my guess that
BMW is less likely to be sold or certainly would cost a heck of lot more
now than id did a while ago.

I think about a crappy car company like Ford buying BMW and I shudder.
Just look at what they did to SAAB.  One of the finest turbo engines on
the market and they move to make the 900 look like a Taurus and they put
ford engines in them.  Then look at what they did to Jaguar.  They made
these cars look even more like the Taurus and for how much.  Look what
they did to the XJ12 - there is a waste.  No one event thinks of it as a
sports car any more.

David Holeman
www.mpower.com